Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Check your progress

1. Grammar
A. Complete the sentences. Use the verbs in the box with the correct form of be going to.
visit, help, rain, dance, wear, not ride, not watch
1. Look at those clouds. It’s going to rain.
2. I’ve got a difficult history project to do. My sister is going to help me with it.
3. I’m not going to watch television tonight. All the programmes are boring!
4. Are you going to wear your black jeans tonight?
5. My parents are going to visit my grandfather at the weekend.
6. Peter doesn’t like horses. He’s not going to ride with us this afternoon.
7. There’s a party next Friday night, and we are going to dance all night!

B. Complete each sentence with must or mustn't.
1. Come on, Julie! We mustn’t be late!
2. It’s a great book. You really must read it.
3. Sorry, Jimmy, I’m late. I must go now.
4. You mustn’t tell anyone about this! It’s too embarrassing.
5. Diane, turn the music down! You mustn’t play it so loudly!
6. I can go out with you tonight, but I must be home before midnight.
7. OK, you can have a pet snake – but it mustn’t come into the house!

C. Complete the first conditional sentences with the correct form of the verbs.
1. If you help me, I’ll buy you an ice cream.
2. If Jack comes to school late, the teacher will be really angry.
3. The neighbours will complain if we make a lot of noise.
4. If I have time, I’ll get the tickets this afternoon.

2. Vocabulary
B. Complete the adjectives with the -ed or -ing ending.
1. I was really tired last night when I went to bed. Yesterday was a very tiring day.
2. We were excited about going to the football, but in the end it was a boring match.
3. I thought the Dracula film was quite frightening, but my girlfriend wasn’t frightened at all.
4. We went to a museum last Sunday. My parents thought it was really interesting, but it was a bit boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment