Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Check your progress

1. Grammar
a. Complete the sentences with the correct relative pronouns: who, that, where or which. Sometimes there are two possible correct answers.
1. I love the shop where I bought this shirt.
2. I don't like people who don't laugh at my jokes!
3. Our neighbours have got a dog that always makes a lot of noise.
4. Last night I downloaded a computer program that/which lets you play music on the computer.
5. There's a girl in our class who/that speaks perfect Spanish.

b. Complete the sentences. Use the present simple, or the correct form of used to.
1. My grandparents are living in France now, but they used to live in London.
2. I enjoy Math a lot now, but when I was younger, I used to hate it!
3. My sister used to eat a lot of chips, but she doesn't like them any more.
4. I used to not using my mobile phone very much, but now I use it a lot.
5. A: Did you used to have bad dreams when you were a child?
B: Yes, I did, but I don't have them any more.

c. Complete the sentences. Use the correct form of the verbs.
1. If I knew her name, I'd tell you.
2. Would he surf the net all day if he had a computer?
3. If we got home after midnight, would your parents be angry?
4. I'm sure he'd go out with you if you asked him.
5. If there was a better clothes shop in town, I wouldn't buy my clothes here.

2. Vocabulary
a. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
1. I fell over and now I've got a pain here.
2. I'm Doctor Chen's new patient.
3. Jenny's got flu and a temperature of 40 C.
4. I've been walking all day, and my legs really hurt now!
5. I asked the dentist to give me an injection before he started working on my teeth.

b. Write the words from the box in the lists.
Parts of a computer - CD drive, mouse, USB, slot
Using a computer - save, log on, power lead
The internet - download, crash, network

No comments:

Post a Comment